The Family Center is a visitation facility for parents and children who are in foster care that are referred by the county. Referred services provided at the Family Center include:
- Providing an atmosphere that is respectful and compassionate
- Facilitating family visitation referrals from Shasta County
- Scheduling supervised, monitored and unsupervised visits on and off site
- Providing visitation documentation to social workers and the court
- Offering feedback to parents with their input
- Providing parent support during visits
- Providing healthy snacks and activities during visitations
- Encouraging positive relationships between foster parents and birth parents
- Working on enhancing parenting skills through parenting classes
- Parenting instruction tailored to the needs of the individuals
We hope that through the encouragement and guidance of staff members, families can build positive, lasting relationships and memories with each other.
The Family Center also provides parenting classes.
- Our parenting classes are broken into two sections. Parents begin with five Intake classes where topics include Self-esteem, CFS Overview, Stress Management, Communication, and Domestic Violence. After the completion of the Intake classes, parents receive a Certificate of Completion.
- The next portion of classes, consist of eleven classes that follow the evidence-based Positive Parenting Program (Triple P). Once classes are completed, a Certificate of Completion is issued. Child care is provided.
- To sign up for parenting class, please come by our office or call us if you need more information regarding class.
1640 West St.
Redding, CA. 96001
Family Center Hours:
Shasta County Family Center
Colby Lee, M.A.
Contact Us About
Email Us At: